The Prelude Spinning Wheel
On the opposite end of the size spectrum from the Symphony in our Saxony wheel line-up, we have the Prelude. With all the same quality Kromski craftsmanship of its larger counterparts, the Prelude offers a unique characteristic of compact portability to those who want a wheel reminiscent of the antique Saxony style but need the convenience of a small, transportable wheel for events like historical festivals and reenactments.
- Beautiful European Alder and Birch wood
- Wheel Diameter : 45cm (18 inches)
- Orifice Circumference : 10mm (3/8 in.)
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 6, 10.5 and 13:1
- Additional whorls 5.5, 7.9, 11, 14.5 & 16.5:1
- Leather bearings on front and rear maiden
- Durable brass sleeve bearings at wheel hub
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Single Treadle
- Total Wheel weight : 4kg (9 lbs)
- Built-In Lazy Kate (2 bobbin capacity)
- 3 bobbins (120g/4.2oz capacity)
- Spinning Wheel Oil & Wrench
- Threading Hook
To order contact your local Kromski dealer.
With a diameter of 18”, the Prelude is suited to perform in many different speeds/ratios. The Prelude was the first single-drive-only wheel that the Kromski’s produced and features Scotch Tension and a single treadle. The oblique bench links to a built-in lazy kate with a two bobbin capacity.
Affordably priced and easy to assemble, the Prelude is a perfect beginners wheel but is occupied by components and attributes sufficient enough for a lifetime wheel.
Jumbo Flyer kits expand the spinners range in two ways. First, the type of yarn created can vary from lace-weight to super bulky art yarn because of the larger orifice on the jumbo flyer. Subsequently, the jumbo bobbin allows spinners twice the capacity of the regular Kromski bobbin. A regular Kromski bobbin already offers 50% greater space than most standard bobbins in the industry with a generous 4.2 ounce capacity. Jumbo bobbins double that, essentially allowing you to spin two regular bobbins worth without a bobbin change!! This means longer, continual drafts for skeins with greater yardage.
Finished (2.2), Mahogany (2.4), Unfinished (2.1), Walnut (2.3)